Tuesday 16 March 2010

Mo's DT spot Challenge - Sketch

Hello fellow bloggers,

before I will post my entry for the challenge on Mos DT blog, where I am sooo hoping to win a guest DT spot, I want to tell you how much I love her images and how much fun I had to colour them. I did the tantrum one on Saturday sitting next to my dear friends Lesley and Julie while chatting, laughing and generally having a great time! I'll tell you more about that in the next post where you'll also be able to see the lovely gift Julie made for me.
Now on to my challenge cards. I actually made two as the sketch is a really good one and there is an abundance of gorgeous images to choose from. I used Tabitha fairy for the one and "Two Tasha" for the other one. Love them to bits.
First off Tasha and her Tantrum:




Isn't she cute even with that tantrum? I used a Hero Arts sentiment, Papermania papers from the red hot capsule collection, pink and white cardstock and some scrap papers from Lesleys stash for the leaves. Tools I used were a flower punch (sorry, don't know the brand) to make the roses, leaves punch by McGill I think (Lesleys stash again...) and a Martha Stewart border punch. I added some pearls for added bling and edged all my papers with Distress Ink by Tim Holtz in Victorian Velvet. The image is coloured with Copic Markers and I added a bit of sparkle on her Tiara with a Sakura Stardust pen in clear.
Hope you like her as much as I do!

Right, next up is Tabitha, the bubble blowing fairy. I have to admit I struggeled a bit with her skin colour as I never done such a dark skin tone before, but it's not too bad I hope.




The sentiment is from Papertreyink, butterfly s a MS punch again, I also used the MS border punch again. Papers on this are Basic Grey Wisteria range (love them!) and I used some organza ribbon with added gemstones, also some gems on the butterfly body. I used my trusty copics for colouring and also added some depth to the butterfly punch-out with markers.
I know it doesn't show but the veins of Tabithas wings are glittered with copic spica pens in clear and I added glossy accents to the bubbles and her little bottle.
That's it from me for now, I will be back later tonight though with more from my meet with Lesley and Julie and also the start of my big craft clear out sale!

9 comments:

coops said...

2 absolutely fantastic cards alex.love mo`s images and your colouring is amazing.luv coops.xx

Stressed Stamper said...

2 great cards, and love all your other work too

Annette said...

Two great cards, i love the terrible two's sandra x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love all the design elements you have chosen for this great sketch. I was lucky enough to see both of these cards in the flesh and they are absolutely GORGEOUS! You are such a fabulous colourist, Alex. I so enjoyed learning from you on Saturday and I do hope you are successful in your bid for a DT place with Mo! Love Lesley

Julie said...

Two stunning cards Alex and you make the colouring look so easy!! So enjoyed our day together - can't wait for next time!! Hugs, Juliexx

Julie said...

Two gorgeous cards, your colouring is fantastic

jan.angell1 said...

Your colouring is so professional looking! I like these Mo designs - not too cute (you know how I feel about cute....)

Mina said...

stunning cards Alex, beautiful colouring and I love the colours you chose for them...thanks for joining in with our GDT call and good luck with it
Mina xxx

Jak Heath said...

Superb colouring, cards are wonderful, thanks for entering the DGT, good luck.