Wednesday 23 June 2010

Craft evening samples

Hello bloggers!

Yesterday I had my open craft evening at my house and I am pleased to report that I will start a craft evening class once a month in a couple of weeks time as the people who came were all very much up for it. Great result I think.
Anyway, the reason there hasn't been any posting until today was because I was busy preparing things and now it's all done I can show you my projects. I wanted to illustrate all the different things you can make from paper and card and therefor it's nearly no new cards as I had enough to show and wanted to do other stuff as well.
Without much further ado, here are my projects:

First a wordbook for a little boy ( brother to little Eva-Rose!) all in blue and kept simple.


Next a box of mini note cards (6 cards)



Lunch box treat holder


Mini sweet treat holder


A scrunched flower and felt leave brooch

A mini pizza box ( holds two packets of poppets perfectly!)


A wine bottle gift tote


Little take away box


Easy gift bag


Some decorated candles







Last but not least a little brag-book for my mums birthday (just hope she doesn't look on my blog...) with pics of my little boys. It's a maze book (?) made out of one sheet of 12x12 paper.
I love how this turned out!





The heart over this picture is actually mounted onto acetate and glued in as an overlay.








That's it for today, hope you like my samples!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Alex, what can I say, your projects are stunning, inventive and show your creativity off to the best effect, hope the craft classes go well, hugs, Fi xx

Linda said...

Well you have been busy Alex, what a lovely selection of papercrafts, Your 6 ladies are very lucky to have you to teach and inspire them. Linda xx

~@ngie~ said...

wow Alex.... you did an excellent job darl... no wonder people want to come to ya classes & am sure once word gets out you will have many more members ;o) lotsa love n hugz JustAng xXx (Docrafts)

Marlene said...

Wow - you've been busy!! What gorgeous projects!

kay said...

stunning samples,wish i lived nearer,good luck with your classes,x

arnold77 said...

Wow Alex, these are gorgeous - you'll end up with a long queue out the door, down the path, along the road and round the corner!
Sandra x

Anonymous said...

Well done Alex, a lovely selection of crafty goods! all made superbly! lol
glad it went OK!
love angiebabe xx

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful assortment of projects Alex, you must have been so busy preparing for this.
No wonder everyone wanted a regular craft class with you!

tricia said...

Your samples and cards etc are amazing. Good Luck with your new venture. Hope it goes well.
x Tricia

jan.angell1 said...

This should really inspire people to make more than just cards - as ever your stuff is gorgeous! I hope your clsses go well,
Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a truly stunning collection of beautiful papercrafted items. I love all of them, but that little book you made for your Mum is just gorgeous!

I hope your card classes continue to be a great success!

Sally x

Sheila said...

So that's what the queue outside my house is for - your craft class next month!! Stunning crafts - so wish I lived nearer to come - you are one very talented lady! Also love the book for your Mum - she will treasure it forever! Sheila:)X

carol said...

wow no wonder you did not have time to blog..you have been really busy bee, all look wonderful well done you, x carol

Julie said...

Wow Alex, you must have blown everyone away with all of these fantastic projects!! Quite amazing!! I love the brooch and the little square rose box especially!! Well done, my friend, and wishing you every success - not that you'll need it - you just go from strength to strength!! Hugs, Juliexx

Sarpreet said...

wow! these are all stunning! very impressive

Grenouille Greetings said...

OMG!
Wowzer!
These are STUNNING! All of them! Really! Fabulous! What a busy bunny you have been!!!
Going from the top, I love your George book (I loved your Eva-Rose one too!). Your friends note cards and box are delightful. I keep seeing this set in Stampin Up and now I know I'm gonna have to have it (me too, me too). I love the other five boxes (especially the little pizza box and the takeaway and your wine tote is superb. Your flower broach is gorgeous and, as for those candles, OMG Wowzer! Best of luck with your training school Alex, I know from experience that you are a patient and talented tutor! Love Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

And how could I have forgotten to mention the little book which is almost as cute as all of the pictures of your little boys inside. Your mum is gonna love it! Hugs, Lesley

tilly said...

OOOOOO Wow Alex, what a stunning aray of goodies you have made.....everything is just wonderful, how I wish I lived nearer to you, I would be round everyday, your Mum will treasure her book, how gorgeous are they boys and growing so quickly, good luck for the future
Tilly xx (Christine)

XxJULESxX said...

busy bee!!!!!gorgeous creations Alex as usual!!!!!!!

Kathleen said...

some amazing prjects here alex. love hte little box of notelets. very classy!!!